Sunday, May 30, 2010

White Truffle & Herb Turkey Meatball on Linguine Arrabiata



Is it strange that I've been daydreaming about meatballs? Not that strange, right? I mean, come on... have we met?!

For reasons unknown, the wind and airborne allergens have been off the charts this year. I've spent the majority of my weekends hiding indoors to avoid sneezing my nose off since Zyrtec doesn't seem to work its magic anymore. It might have something to do with the 11/09 expiration date on the bottle, but I'm convinced my nose has mutated into an allergy-medicine-resistant-pollen-hating-sniffing-machine... On with it, Judy! Yes, yes...

I decided to make some comfort food for lunch today to comfort my poor nose from allergies. Since I had been craving meatballs all week, I decided to brave the cruel outdoors and run to the market for some ingredients. Please forgive me, I never measure...

White Truffle & Herb Turkey Meatballs:
96% lean double ground turkey breast
Italian bread crumbs
Fennel seeds
Thyme
Parsley
Parmigiano reggiano
White truffle paste
Finely minced garlic
Sea salt
Black pepper

Arrabiata:
Diced tomatoes
Capers
Olives
Crushed red peppers
Olive oil
Cote du Rhone
Pressed garlic
Italian parsley
Basil
Yellow onion

1 comment:

  1. My goodness Judy.... truffles even when besieged by allergans!

    ReplyDelete